• Syafiq has been a Communication Strategist (Consultant) for more than 18 years. Used to work as journalist, he had also worked in humanitarian agencies such as UNICEF and Australia AID.
• Education. Syafiq obtained his MA in Journalism from the University of Technology Sydney Australia (2001), and Business Module Certificate (in Marketing) from Prasetya Mulya Business School, Jakarta (1993). As non practicing doctor (he gained Medical degree from Padjadjaran University, Bandung, 1988) Syafiq also used to work in UNICEF and Austalian Government AID (AusAID) in Jakarta.
• Events. He has been speakers and moderators in various seminars, conferences and workshops such as: Indonesia-Australia Relations Seminar, The Asia-Australia Institute, UNSW, Sydney, Australia (2001); ASEAN Conference on Educating ASEAN Societies for Integrity (2013); Konrad Adenauer Stifftung (German NGO, June 2010); and as panelist in the discussion with several senior journalists on “New Approach on the Political and Corporate Communication Strategies in Indonesia” (Juli 2009); etc. He had also co-hosted life radio talk-show program (Commitment to the Nation) at Radio Smart-FM Jakarta, for six months (July – December 2010).
o Head, Branch Development, Indonesian Public Relations Association (Perhumas) 2011 – 2014;
o Secretary, Indonesian Community Council, NSW, Australia, 1999- 2002.
o Australian Institute of Management, member, 2001.
o National Olympic Committee Assistant, Sydney Olympic Games, 2000.
o Volunteer, both in Opening and Closing Ceremony, Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
• Specialities. His specialities cover: Public & Media Relations, Crisis Communications, Public Relations Ethics, and Writing for PR.
• Experience. He has lectured at the LSPR Postgraduate Program in Jakarta since 2003 in Corporate Communications / PR studies. Subjects taught includes: Crisis Communication, Public Relations Ethics, Media Handling, and Public Relations Strategy & Principles of Corporate Communication. Built his PR career as journalist (for Tempo), Syafiq dealt with several communication programs, government and public relations; His national and international management and leadership made Syafiq successfully developed his career in a variety aspects of business, and public sectors, spanning from commercial company, media and communication management, health to education sectors. Work as communication consultant for Australia AID and UNICEF, currently he writes regularly in mainstream media such as Kompas, Detik, Koran Tempo, Media Indonesia, Inilah.Com, and The Jakarta Globe, and in his own blog.
Training Experience: Syafiq has trained various audiences such as in PR Ethics (conducted by Indonesian PR Associations/ Perhumas, 2012-2014); PR Principles (Markshare Training Institute, 2011-2013); Communication & Media Handling (conducted by World Bank’s PNPM Mandiri, Medan, 2010); and in Marketing, PR and Social Mobilization (conducted by UNICEF, 2005-2007).
Research Interest: Social Media, PR, Online PR, Media Management, Crisis Communication, PR Ethics.